After Your Procedure
- After your procedure, you will be moved to our fully-equipped recovery room where the anesthesia provider and our recovery room nurses will observe you closely until you are ready to go home. Your doctor will want to talk with your support person after your procedure so it is important for this person to remain at the Center.
- The length of time a patient stays in the recovery room will vary depending on the procedure performed, your individual needs, and the provider’s instructions. Typically most patients are discharged within one or two hours after their procedure.
- Before you leave the Center, you will be given written discharge instructions regarding your wound care, medication, diet, rest, and exercise needs.
- If you require a follow up appointment, that appointment will be made for you by the Summit Surgery Center staff.
- If you had anesthesia and/or pain medications, arrange for an adult to remain with you at home for at least 24 hours. Since it is normal to feel drowsy after receiving an anesthetic, we also recommend that you postpone the following activities for 24 hours after discharge:
- We will call you at home the next business day to check your progress and ensure you are doing well following your procedure.
**If you have any unexpected problems, please call your provider. If you are unable to contact your provider, call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.