We recognize that you may have questions or concerns about our insurance and billing procedures. Please use the content of this section to learn about our billing process.
- Facility fees for your procedure at Summit Surgery Center are for services including supplies, medications, equipment and nursing services. These fees are billed to your insurance company and are available upon request.
- Separate fees for provider professional services are submitted to your insurance company by your provider’s office. Separate fees may be submitted for pathology and anesthesia services, if applicable, for your procedure.
- Prior to your procedure we verify your insurance coverage and the amount of your deductible and any copay that is due to Summit Surgery Center. An estimate can be given to you prior to your procedure, but additional charges may be incurred depending on the procedures that were performed.
- We accept cash, checks, money orders and most major credit cards. If you have questions regarding coverage, it is best for you to contact your insurance company.
- As a courtesy, we file a claim with your insurance company for you. We ask you to sign an “assignment of benefits” form so that the check comes directly to Summit Surgery Center. If the facility fees are more than anticipated, you will be billed for your share of the additional costs after the claim is processed by your insurance company. Summit Surgery Center’s bill does NOT include the services of your provider, anesthesia staff, pathologist or laboratory.
We strongly encourage you to personally contact your insurance company about your upcoming procedure. It is mandatory that YOU, as the insurance subscriber, confirm that all prior authorization information necessary to your specific policy is completed before your procedure date. You may be penalized by your insurance company if you don’t follow your policy guidelines. You must understand what your benefits cover and how this may affect you financially.
- Payment in full is due within 12 months from your date of service.
- Please contact your insurance company directly if you experience any delays. YOU are responsible for guaranteeing payment on your account and being aware of your individual policy restrictions and benefits.
- Your insurance company, including Workers’ Compensation, auto (no fault) and personal injury, is legally responsible to you. Our relationship is with you, our patient, not your insurance company. Consequently, all charges incurred are your responsibility. The obligation to assure payment in a timely manner lies with you regardless of what your insurance company chooses to do. You should normally receive a response from your insurance company within 30 days of your date of service. If you experience a delay, it is expected that you contact your insurance company to check the status of your claim and to expedite payment. Please call our Business Office at 406-496-3550 if you encounter a problem with your insurance company and need our assistance.
- Summit Surgery Center’s policy is to turn over all accounts which are deliquent to a collection agency. You will be responsible for any collection fees that are incurred.
Summit Surgery Center will bill as follows:
We accept assignment of benefits.
We will make a copy of each insurance card at the time of registration. We will submit your bill directly to your private insurance company. A bill will be sent to your secondary insurance upon receipt of payment or denial from your primary insurance. If you have no secondary insurance, a bill will be sent to you for any balance after receipt of payment or denial from your insurance company. You will receive a 10% discount on the balance owing if your account is paid in full within 30 days of your procedure or after receipt of the insurance payment.
You will be contacted prior to your surgery with an estimated cost for your procedure. A down payment equal to 1/2 of the total estimated amount due is expected. You will be asked to complete a financial agreement for monthly payments. The remaining balance will be due within 12 months from your date of service.
- It is your right as a patient to request information or have questions answered regarding our fees or payment policies. If you have any questions or problems regarding your bill, please contact our business office at 406-496-3550. We are happy to help you between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.