Carefully read and follow the instructions provided by your provider and the Center team. These instructions are important to your safety and healing.
Day Before your Procedure
- Notify your provider before coming to the facility if there is a significant change in your physical condition, such as high fever, infection, heart problems or breathing difficulties.
- DO NOT EAT OR DRINK ANYTHING AFTER MIDNIGHT the night before your procedure. (This includes candy, water, coffee, chewing gum, etc.) Also, we ask that you do not smoke after midnight. IF you eat or drink anything your procedure will be cancelled or rescheduled. Prescription medication authorized by your provider may be taken with a small sip of water.
- If you are scheduled for a colonoscopy, you should have been given instructions for a prep which will clean out your colon prior to the exam. Read all the instructions carefully. If you have any questions about the prep, call your doctor’s office. If you do not complete the prep as instructed, your exam may be incomplete, or it may have to be cancelled after you arrive at Summit Surgery Center.
Some medications such as aspirin, blood thinners, diet pills, diabetic medication or anti-inflammatory medication may be stopped prior to your procedure. Therefore it is imperative that you inform your provider of all medications (prescription, herbal, over the counter) that you are taking. Your provider will inform you if any of your medications should be stopped prior to your procedure. Your questions about medications should be directed to your provider’s office.
- Questions regarding colon preps, dietary restrictions and medications should be directed to your provider’s office.
- Plan to leave valuables, including jewelry and credit cards, at home. You may need to go to a jeweler and have rings removed in advance. Body piercings must be removed.
- Make arrangements for a responsible adult to drive you home. You will not be permitted to drive if you have received sedation or anesthesia. Taxi service is not permitted unless your responsible adult is riding with you. If you arrive at the Center without a responsible adult AND means of transportation home, your procedure will be cancelled and rescheduled.
- Carefully read and follow the instructions provided by your provider and the Center team. These instructions are important to your safety and healing.
- Plan in advance to be on time. If you are going to be unavoidably late, please notify the Center by calling 406-496-3550. If you must cancel your procedure, please contact your provider’s office AND Summit Surgery Center at least two days in advance.
- Please allow for flexibility in the time of your procedure. You may be given an updated arrival time due to scheduling changes and patient care needs. We respect your time.
- Summit Surgery Center staff will contact you prior to your procedure to confirm your appointment schedule and to review your financial responsibility.
- If you would like more information regarding payment options, please contact our business office at 406-496-3550.